Register NOW for the CRSS Race for Hope5!
July 31, 2013
JOIN US on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2013!
What is the mission of the CRSS Race for Hope? The mission of the Capital Region Special Surgery (CRSS) Race for Hope is to hold a 5k community walk/run to raise funds to provide financial assistance to people living with brain, head and neck cancer in the Capital Region.
Where does the money go that’s raised from the CRSS Race for Hope? Since 2009, the CRSS Race for Hope events have raised over $175,000, of which all monies have been dedicated to fundraising, since all overhead costs are underwritten by Capital Region Special Surgery.
In 2012 we established a fund with the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region to make grants to not-for-profit organizations/programs serving uninsured and underinsured patients who are experiencing a financial hardship related to a brain, head, or neck cancer diagnosis in the Capital Region.
This year’s recipient organizations were:
- C.R. Wood Cancer Center at Glens Falls Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region Inc.
- The Mollie Wilmot Radiation Oncology Center (ROC) at Saratoga Hospital
- The Ellis Hospital Foundation “Caring for the Entire Patient” program.
*Patient services at St. Peter’s Cancer Care Center is a past recipient (If you are currently a patient undergoing brain, head, or neck cancer treatment at St. Peter’s Cancer Care Center, there are funds available to help. Please contact your St. Peter’s Cancer Care provider for more information.
Funds granted to these organizations have been set up to assist patients who are experiencing a financial hardship related to their cancer diagnosis which include, but may not be limited to:
- Medication Co-pays (related to their cancer diagnosis)
- Nutritional supplements and enteral feeding products
- Grocery and gas gift cards
- Grant requests for larger one-time expenses, including dental expenses (related to cancer diagnosis), respite care and patient specific equipment.
Is the CRSS Race for Hope a USA Track and Field a sanctioned road race? This is a USA Track and Field sanctioned and certified 5K course for runners and walkers of all ages. Albany Running Exchange (ARE) will again be providing chip-timing and results.